Code
Code CHURCH0047

Other Codes
Source / Origin




Name
Monument Name Sts. Peter and Paul church in Dobrinishte
Source / Origin




Institution
Related Institution Holy Diocese of Nevrokop




Origin / Location
Location Name Dobrinishte
Address
Prefecture
Country
Coordinates Χ1
Coordinates Χ2
Coordinates Y1
Coordinates Y2
Coordinates Z1
Coordinates Z2
Meausurement Method
Measurement Accuracy
Geodetic Coordinate System
Notes
Map location




Short Description
Short Description The church is placed in the central part of the town. It was built in 1835. Structurally it is a three-nave pseudo-basilica with an apse in the east, two domes, a narthex and an open gallery in the south. In 1926 a beautiful stone belfry was added (substituting an older one made out of boards which burned out in 1913 during the Second Balkan War), the windows were widened, the drums of the domes were raised. The church itself and the fence that encloses it were built of stone.
The interior is divided into three naves by two colonnades. The columns are interconnected through arches. The floor of the temple is covered with plates. The walls are smoothly whitewashed. Along them and along the columns are placed the chairs for the laity. The Bishop’s Throne is elevated (by 2 steps) above the floor. In the eastern part of the naos there is yet another step that leads to the iconostasis. In 1867 the inner space of the church was enriched by drawings on the Bishop’s Throne, a pulpit, and a wood carved canopy placed into the altar.