Friday Nov 22

  1. Basic Information
  2. Classification
  3. Identification
  4. Documentation
  5. Correlations
  6. Rights
  7. Resources

Sts. Peter and Paul church in Dobrinishte

print all


  • Code
    Code CHURCH0047

    Other Codes
    Source / Origin




  • Name
    Monument Name Sts. Peter and Paul church in Dobrinishte
    Source / Origin




  • Institution
    Related Institution Holy Diocese of Nevrokop


  • Group



  • Origin / Location
    Location Name Dobrinishte
    Address
    Prefecture
    Country
    Coordinates Χ1
    Coordinates Χ2
    Coordinates Y1
    Coordinates Y2
    Coordinates Z1
    Coordinates Z2
    Meausurement Method
    Measurement Accuracy
    Geodetic Coordinate System
    Notes
    Map location




  • Short Description
    Short Description The church is placed in the central part of the town. It was built in 1835. Structurally it is a three-nave pseudo-basilica with an apse in the east, two domes, a narthex and an open gallery in the south. In 1926 a beautiful stone belfry was added (substituting an older one made out of boards which burned out in 1913 during the Second Balkan War), the windows were widened, the drums of the domes were raised. The church itself and the fence that encloses it were built of stone.
    The interior is divided into three naves by two colonnades. The columns are interconnected through arches. The floor of the temple is covered with plates. The walls are smoothly whitewashed. Along them and along the columns are placed the chairs for the laity. The Bishop’s Throne is elevated (by 2 steps) above the floor. In the eastern part of the naos there is yet another step that leads to the iconostasis. In 1867 the inner space of the church was enriched by drawings on the Bishop’s Throne, a pulpit, and a wood carved canopy placed into the altar.


  • Measurements

  • Inscription / Mark



  • Condition State